Search 2.0

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Knitting How to Cast on Stitches

How to Cast on Stitches
I decided to try how to show people how to knit, so many people seem to have an interest in learning, but feel it's to hard to learn. It has become a lost art. My Aunt Lena showed me how to knit when I was pregnant with my first born. I really enjoyed the movement of my hands, creating something beautiful. I love the stretch that knitting has compared to crocheting.
After 25 years of not knitting I picked up a set of knitting needles, and began poking around til it all came back to me, now I am knitting for my granddaughters, and friends. It's so enjoyable I taught 2 of my coworkers how to knit also.  I think you might enjoy it too, give it a try.

Start with 3 yards of yarn folded in half.


Make a slip knot

Make a sling shot, grabbing under neath string by thumb. Bring over to right of hand. Going on top of string.

Pulling at the same time releasing string from thumb area.
Continue til you have the amount of stitches required for your project

>

No comments:

Post a Comment