Search 2.0

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Homemade Pizza

I would like to show you how I make my homemade pizza. Since my family likes their crust, crispy, a pizza stone, and pizza peal are a must. I also own a kitchen aid which makes forming the dough a breeze.

Supplies: Large bowls, kitchen aid, pizza peal, pizza stone

Ingredients for dough:
1 cup warm water about 110 degrees.
2 1/4 teaspoons dry yeast
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/4 cups flour all purpose plus extra flour for rolling dough out
Toppings: mozzarella cheese, pepperoni

Bowl with electric mixer fitted with dough hook. Add warm water, yeast, and sugar. Stir to dissolve yeast.
wooden peel
pizza stone.

Add olive oil, flour, and salt. Mix with dough hook until the dough comes together it will
start to climb up the hook. The dough will be a little sticky.
Place dough in a large greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap. Place in warm area for 1 hour to rise . It will double in size.When taking dough out, pull at sides of bowl to release. The olive oil will be heavier on the bottom of dough. Flip less greasy side on well floured peel. Pull dough gently out till you reach the desired size, make sure it's well floured..

Homemade sauce:
1 -28 ounce can whole tomatoes drained,
3 cloves fresh garlic chopped,
1 teaspoon basil,
1/4 teaspoon oregano,
1/2 teaspoon anise seeds,
1/4 teaspoon salt,
2 teaspoons olive oil.

In fry pan add olive oil, and garlic. Fry on low for 3 minutes, do not burn. Add basil, oregano, salt, anise seeds, and drained whole tomatoes. Smash with a hand held potato masher. The sauce will stay on the chunky side. Simmer for 10 minutes , the sauce needs to be thick with out water in the pan.

(tip)
Place pizza stone in cold oven before turning on. Preheat oven to 500 degrees.Placing pizza stone in hot oven will cause it to break.


Hand stretch dough on well floured board, I have a pastry cloth that I have floured well.
Sprinkle corn meal on pizza peal
This is what the dough will look like on pizza peal. The peal makes placing dough on stone easier.
Notice the dough on the pizza stone is hanging over the stone,. I use this to my advantage. I let the dough cook for 6 minutes, or till I see small brown spots forming on top of the dough,. I pull it out with my peal, and flip it over. The edges that are flipped down are now up, it works like a wall keeping the sauce from falling off to the side, and burning in the oven.
I topped this pizza with cheese and pepperoni. Bake for 8 minutes till cheese is melted and pepperonis sweats.
, The other topping I like are green olives, and bell peppers.

No comments:

Post a Comment