Search 2.0

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Natural Flower Caddy





I was looking for a way to decorate the house for my Mother's .Day celebration. Now that I am older I find that I really enjoy the beauty of having live flowers around. I saw this really cute idea on the Martha Stewart Wedding tape. I made natural flower caddies to hold the flower arrangements, I used the Mountain Laurel leaves which, I have an abundance of. They are large waxy leaves on one side and dull on the other. The contras is beautiful left in the natural, or spray painted like I did this ones to match my decor. 

Materials needed:

Wet foam
Dry foam
Plastic wrap
Floral pins
Green leaves
Gold spray paint
Fresh flowers of your choice.
Toothpicks




 Cut out a smaller square out of one of the foam pieces leaving an inch border around all four sides of the the square.. Stack the cut out block on top of the block that is not cut.

Secure with toothpicks. Line the top square with plastic wrap,this is to make it water proof. Cut the wet green foam to fit inside the dry green foam.
I have Mountain Laurel growing in my yard.  You can use orange leaves, magnolia leaves what ever large waxy leaves you have available. Cut bottom half of leaves. Roll side of leaves in pressing them into place.

Pin them on your foam caddy side. Pinning the first leaf on the top side of the caddy. Then the middle, and finally the bottom.

The bottom leaves were rolled, and pinned sideways all in one direction. I also decided to spray paint my leaves gold, but you may choose to let them be natural, depending on your party theme.

Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment