Search 2.0

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Chicken Fried Rice

What do you do with left over rice/ Of course chicken fried rice. Since we normally eat for 2 , but cook for 4 I usually have left overs which I try to reinvent for another meal. My husband enjoys stir fry of any kind. This is a great way to  use up left over rice, I guess I could make rice pudding too, but that's for another blog. This is a very nutritious complete meal, it really stretches a buck.

Here is the left over rice, break up the rice so it' not in a clump.
Ingredient: left over rice, chopped celery, chopped onion, chopped carrots, chopped broccoli, chopped green peppers, chopped chicken, oil, 2 eggs.

Add about 1 tablespoons of oil to hot frying pan( I don't own a wok). Cook chicken rapidly salt and pepper to taste. Set aside into another plate.


Add 1 tablespoons of oil. and fry all the vegetables for about 3 minutes. Set aside with the meat.

Now this is where the fun begins. Scramble the 2 eggs add to 2 tablespoons of oil. Swirling the eggs around so to break them up.

Then return all the ingredients, heat thoroughly. Serve immediately. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment