Search 2.0

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Fried Green Tomatoes

The season is here I have been anxiously waiting for my tomatoes to turn a little red so I can make one of my new favorite side dish fried green tomatoes. I am  a transplant from the Chicago, via Phoenix area. To my surprise frying green tomatoes is a very tasty dish.



Make a dip out of corn meal, and white all purpose flour, one to one ratio. 1/2 cup corn meal, 1/2 cup flour.
Salt, and pepper your sliced tomato before dipping in flower mixture.


Add 2 tablespoons olive oil to a heavy bottomed pan, before adding tomatoes make sure the oil is hot. Place tomato slices giving them room, don't crowd the tomatoes or they won't fry properly. When crispy turn over. Drain on a paper towel. Serve immediately best when still warm. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment