Search 2.0

Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentines Day Heart Shaped Pillow

I was looking for an fun project for Valentines Day that me, and my granddaughters could make.  We came up with this cute pillow after watching a Ni Hi Kai Lan  cartoon from Nick Jr. Bianca my 4 year old granddaughter really liked it, and she was really excited that we were gonna be able to make something that we saw on tv. If you like this let me know how yours turns out.

Supplies
1/2 yard solid red flannel
Iron on butterfly
Iron on flowers
Red thread, sewing needle
Polyester fill batting
Cut 2 heart shapes, iron flat.
 Look at the smiles on these little faces.They are so proud of themselves.
The instructions for the iron on required a hard board, and a hot iron no steam. An adult should iron on the decals for the children. The children placed the decals where they wanted them.

I did a running stitch by hand. My granddaughters are too young to handle a needle at this time.


The children filled the pillows with the stuffing. Sew the pillow shut, and there you have a present that a child is proud to present to their parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment