Search 2.0

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Lavender Baby Sweater with Hoodie


We have a new baby, or I should say grand baby arriving soon,. There is nothing that compares to the joy of having grand babies. I have been combing the net to find easy baby patterns, and once again I can state that wwwlionbrand.com  has some adorable free patterns on line. Pink Lemonade Hoodie

What I liked about this pattern was, the way it came together. The sleeves are made first. then set to the side while you make the body of the jacket from bottom up. The sleeves are then attached and the whole sweater is knitted together to give it a neat look. The shoulder is then narrowed by decreasing the stitches. The hood is then added to finish the jacket.

The one variation I did to the pattern was to make the opening of the sleeve smaller, by casting on 29 stitches instead of the 36 which the pattern called for.

No comments:

Post a Comment