Search 2.0

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day Bacon Quiche

I don't know if you have eaten a lot of quiche, I have it's women's food. What's not to like about quiche it has the meat group, bread group, vegetable group, and dairy group all in one package. I have tried many recipes, but I find the recipe my son Junior shared with me is my favorite. There are few ingredients, with plenty of flavor.

  1. 5 large eggs
  2. 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
  3. 1 1/4 cup sour cream
  4. 6 strips of bacon cooked till crispy
  5. 1/2 teaspoon salt
  6. 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  7. 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  8. 1 cup shredded Monterrey jack cheese
  9. 1 store bought or homemade pie crust

 Place crust in pie pan,  pierce crust with fork bake  425 degrees for 8 minutes in oven. Take out allow to cool.
Break cooked bacon onto partly cooked pie crust.
Sprinkle the shredded cheeses onto the bacon.
By hand mix the sour cream, eggs, parsley, salt and pepper. pour into pie shell.
Bake for 30 minutes, at 350 degrees the top will be browned, test for done by inserting a butter knife in the center, if it comes out clean it is done. Don't forget to wrap the outside crust with tin foil, this prevents the rim of the pie crust from over cooking.
Try is bacon quiche recipe I'm sure it will become one of your favorites too. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment