Search 2.0

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Knitted Child's heart leggings.



Materials
 1 ball of Bernat Yarn denim style 70% acrylic, 30% cotton
medium size, contains 196 yards color is canvas 
I purchased the yarn at Hobby Lobby.
14  1 inch  size buttons I found these at Walmart.
Size 8 knitting needles


I made these adorable knitted leggings that button up the sides, they have lace sewn on the top for added cuteness. The yarn I chose has a soft feel, my girls don't like the itchy yarns.
The pattern is found on Raverly.com  written by Lizabeth Towers named Legendary Leggings.
Since my grand daughter was only a petite size 6.
I reduced the cast on stitches to 41. I also started the stockinette stitch on row 7.  I added a button hole on row 5,13,21,29,37,45,53.and 61 (at row 55 I began ribbing once more until row 65)
I added the buttons, and the lace with hand quilting thread.

No comments:

Post a Comment